So far not much has changed since my last blog post. We still have no idea what is wrong with the HPLC. So I started over and dried the caffeine standard. Hopefully next week these caffeine standards will work. One thing I have learned this summer is that I need to narrow my question. At first I had this grand vision of just putting a compound into a instrument and getting results right away. I eventually decided to do just one compound. The compound I choose to measure was caffeine. I will continue to do this research during the school and use the results for my senior experience. Since this is my last post for the summer I may right again during the school year. So goodbye for now.